The New Plan For Sustainable Aquaculture
- At present, the company is managed by owners and hired managers who collaboratively make the management decisions.
- We are currently looking to add a representative of an appropriate investor to our board of directors
- To create to the best of our ability the most environmentally beneficial food production operation on land or sea anywhere in the world.
- The company wants to free up our Visionary who will be able to reinvent the company’s products and services and leave a family enterprise legacy that makes a social contribution to the earth’s ecology.
- The company forecasts its profit to be at least $59 million by year 2021.
Despite the fishing bans, many stocks continued to decline, setting new historical lows year after year. Cod populations dropped to one one hundredth of their former sizes. In 1997, fishing for twenty-two stocks remained prohibited; most other groundfish stocks supported only severely limited fishing (Canada 1997, 79-82). In 1998, the Fisheries Resource Conservation Council, responsible for advising the fisheries minister on catch levels, expressed “surprise,” “alarm,” and “dismay” over the status of several stocks and projected further declines, even in the absence of any fishery (FRCC 1998b, 5-12). The council warned, “the outlook as described by scientists is even more bleak than at the beginning of the moratorium” (FRCC 1998a, 5). Some scientists worried that the worst hit stocks might never fully recover.
- The increase in the amount of money being printed along with the decline in the purchasing power of the dollar.
An Integrator will be in place:
- to faithfully execute the business plan, achieving or exceeding planned profit & loss objectives;
- leads, manages, and holds the leadership team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments;
- integrates all major operating functions of the business;
- ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction;
- models the way, always working toward the greater good of the business;
- resolves issues effectively—seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner.
- ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive;
- ensures that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company’s core processes and operating system with consistency;
- demonstrates effective project management skills;
- dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity;
- effectively collaborates with the Visionary and stays on the same page.
- maintains a high level of mutual respect with the Visionary.
- realizes the unique contributions and ideas that the Visionary has, and possesses an ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company;
- confirms that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization.
- inherently ensures that everyone is in the know. Verifies that a high level of effective communication exists throughout the organization.
- Newly affluent class in the Far East with a growing taste for gourmet foods, the expanding sushi market around the world, the increasing demand in Europe for our products particularly geoduck clams in any form that cannot be presently supplied, and servicing the markets that exist below the gourmet market, with our lesser grade products such as providing companies like Campbell Soups with Geoduck clams suitable for their line of chowders.
- Our hybrid production model (fishing/aquaculture) gives us an edge over competitors. At present for example, Geoducks from the fishery sell for between $12 – $18/lb. whereas aquaculture Geoducks usually range between $20 – $35/lb. This is because cultured Geoducks are younger, produced in carefully selected areas of superior ecological conditions and can be harvested at specific sizes suited to different markets. Many of the wild Geoducks also fulfill these conditions which could be culled from our wild harvest to satisfy these markets at a higher price that they would get if they were just left with the rest of the wild harvest. Then the remaining inferior grade product can be custom processed to supply specific markets such as the chowder market, in a manner that will give greater profit to the company.
- Currently, the wild fishery is the main producer in Canada of Geoduck clams. However, the fishery has declined from 12.8 million lbs. a year in 1988 to 3 million lbs. The quality of the product is also falling off because the fishermen have been selectively harvesting the best quality Geoduck in response to market demand for over 30 years, leaving the dark diseased runts behind to act as a spawning biomass. Our aquaculture operation does the exact opposite.
- CA$20.0 million for up to a 40% equity in our fishing and aquaculture companies. This requirement will be spent:
- Developing 60 hectares of ground $6.0 million
- Hatchery development $4.0 million
- Fishing licenses $10.0 million
- We want to secure funding on or before October 31, 2017.
- Our present expansion program will be complete on or before December 31, 2017.